Anxiety Therapists in Conshohocken PA
Conshohocken Counseling Services offers first-in-class, anxiety therapists in Conshohocken PA. Our licensed, experienced counselors are equipped to provide comprehensive therapy for anxiety in a caring and safe environment for all ages. While our anxiety counselors are able to pull from an array of counseling treatments to best suit your needs; cognitive-behavioral-therapy (CBT) will be an important treatment as our therapists help you with your anxiety. We are glad you have found CCS located in Conshohocken, PA 19428.
What does counseling or therapy for anxiety entail?
According to the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) an estimated 48 million people have an anxiety disorder in the US. That is at least 19% of the US population. While many different types of therapy are used to treat anxiety, the leading approaches are cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and exposure therapy. Each counseling technique for anxiety may be used alone, or combined with other types of counseling for anxiety. Therapy for anxiety attempts to lower your anxiety levels, calm your mind, and overcome your fears.
Anxiety counseling can help you uncover the underlying causes of your worries and fears; learn how to relax; look at situations in new, less frightening ways; and develop better coping and problem-solving skill
Can CCS anxiety therapists in Conshohocken PA help with all forms of anxiety?
Yes! The anxiety therapists at Conshohocken Counseling Services offer strengths-based, trauma focused therapy to assist when coping with anxiety by learning new positive patterns of living. The licensed professional counselors at Conshohocken Counseling Services have had numerous years of experience navigating the complex issues that are found with an anxiety disorder. The most common anxiety disorders are:
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder, GAD, is an anxiety disorder characterized by chronic anxiety, exaggerated worry and tension, even when there is little or nothing to provoke it.
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, OCD, is an anxiety disorder and is characterized by recurrent, unwanted thoughts (obsessions) and/or repetitive behaviors (compulsions). Repetitive behaviors such as hand washing, counting, checking, or cleaning are often performed with the hope of preventing obsessive thoughts or making them go away. Performing these so-called “rituals,” however, provides only temporary relief, and not performing them markedly increases anxiety.
- Panic disorder is an anxiety disorder and is characterized by unexpected and repeated episodes of intense fear accompanied by physical symptoms that may include chest pain, heart palpitations, shortness of breath, dizziness, or abdominal distress.
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, PTSD, is an anxiety disorder that can develop after exposure to a terrifying event or ordeal in which grave physical harm occurred or was threatened. Traumatic events that may trigger PTSD include violent personal assaults, natural or human-caused disasters, accidents, or military combat.
- Social Phobia, or Social Anxiety Disorder, is an anxiety disorder characterized by overwhelming anxiety and excessive self-consciousness in everyday social situations. Social phobia can be limited to only one type of situation – such as a fear of speaking in formal or informal situations, or eating or drinking in front of others – or, in its most severe form, may be so broad that a person experiences symptoms almost anytime they are around other people.
- Other anxiety disorders: There are many other anxiety disorders. To review a comprehensive list, click here.
By applying complementary and customized therapy approaches, your CCS counselor will unearth long-standing behavior patterns or negative perceptions that may be holding the you back from experiencing a more fulfilling and meaningful life.
What to do next?
- CLICK HERE to READ MORE reasons why our clients choose CCS therapists!
- Schedule your Free, In-person, 30-minute Consultation Today.
- For more information on different types of therapy, click here to learn from this Psychology Today resource.
Our team at CCS is qualified and ready to work with people from all age ranges (young children to seniors). Please contact us for an individual, couples, family or group therapy consultation today.