Depression Therapists in Conshohocken PA
Conshohocken Counseling Services offers first-in-class, depression therapists in Conshohocken PA. Our licensed, experienced counselors are equipped to provide comprehensive therapy for depression in a caring and safe environment for all ages. While our depression counselors are able to pull from an array of counseling treatments to best suit your needs; cognitive-behavioral-therapy (CBT), psychodynamic therapy and interpersonal therapy will be important treatment modalities as our therapists help you with your depression. We are glad you have found CCS located in Conshohocken, PA 19428.
What does counseling or therapy for depression encompass?
First, you are not alone!
According to the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) an estimated 17.7 million people have had a major depressive episode in the US (annually). Yet for some reason the average delay between onset of mental illness symptoms and treatment is 11 years. Why wait? Amongst other things, people with depression have a 40% higher risk of developing cardiovascular and metabolic diseases than the general population. People with serious mental illness are nearly twice as likely to develop these conditions.
Get Treatment for Depression
While many different types of therapy are used to treat depression, the leading approaches are cognitive-behavioral-therapy (CBT), psychodynamic therapy and interpersonal therapy. Each counseling technique for depression may be used alone, or combined with other types of counseling for depression. Therapy for depression attempts to:
- Understand the behaviors, emotions, and ideas that contribute to your depressed state.
- Understand and identify the life problems or events—like a major illness, a death in the family, a loss of a job or a divorce—that contribute to their depression and help you understand which aspects of those problems you may be able to solve or improve.
- Regain a sense of control and pleasure in life.
- Learn coping techniques and problem-solving skills.
Can CCS depression therapists in Conshohocken PA help with all forms of depression?
Yes! The depression therapists at Conshohocken Counseling Services offer customized therapy for depression to assist you when coping with depression. The licensed professional counselors at Conshohocken Counseling Services have had numerous years of experience navigating the complex issues that are found with depression. By applying complementary and customized therapy approaches, your CCS counselor will unearth long-standing behavior patterns or negative perceptions that may be holding you back from experiencing a more fulfilling and meaningful life.
What to do next?
- CLICK HERE to READ MORE reasons why our clients choose CCS therapists!
- Schedule your Free, In-person, 30-minute Consultation Today.
- For more information on different types of therapy, click here to learn from this Psychology Today resource.
Our team at CCS is qualified and ready to work with people from all age ranges (young children to seniors). Please contact us for an individual, couples, family or group therapy consultation today.
Jenna Giagnacova, MS, LPC
Tel: (484) 362-9121
REQUEST A FREE CONSULT
Rita Henderson, MA, LPC
Tel: (484) 222-0147
REQUEST YOUR FREE CONSULT TODAY